This page has moved to a new address.

2012 Book Challenge Recap

Leonicka Valcius: 2012 Book Challenge Recap

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2012 Book Challenge Recap



Among other things, this year brought me various book challenges! 

I participated in the 50 book pledge and completed the challenge in August. By the end of the year I read 77 books! Maybe in 2013 I’ll aim for 80 books.

I also participated in the POC ReadingChallenge.  I read 34 POC books this year; that’s 44% of the books I read in 2012. A little short of my 40 POC books goal but not bad at all! This challenge really helped me expand the selection of books I read. I find that I am not only drawn to diverse characters but also diverse narratives. This year I have a list of authors whose work I look forward to reading including Octavia Butler, Edwidge Danticat, and Dionne Brand.

During the summer, I tried my hand at a readathon hosted by Random House of Canada to commemorate the 2012 London Olympics. My goal was 1200 pages and I just barely missed it.

Was 2012 a good reading year for you?

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home