This page has moved to a new address.

Flatlining

Leonicka Valcius: Flatlining

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Flatlining

I am flatlining. No, it’s not cardiac arrest but it’s just as painful. “Flatlining” is the term my friends and I use to describe those blah moment; the moments where you're just kind of sitting there watching the world whiz by. The peaks and valleys of life – the little blips on the EKG – are gone. You’re just… there. Flatlining. Yup. That’s me.

So today I’ve come to a decision. I won’t let this “run its course.” I’m not going to “wait it out” or sit idly by as I go through this “phase.” I have decided to make an effort to – you're gonna love this – make every day the best day ever! It sounds ridiculous, I know. After all, life is so mundane. Expecting each day to be the very best day, is setting oneself up for failure. But hey, I’m already trudging along with my head down. It can’t possibly get any worse.

I’m not sure exactly how I’m going to do it. Maybe some days I’ll do something productive like finish my To Do list (ha! What a day that would be indeed!). Other days I may indulge myself with a treat (a poutine… or maybe ice-cream… or a poutine and ice-cream!). Or perhaps I will have a normal boring day and simply endure with a smile on my face. No matter how I do it, my goal is to never utter the words that have haunted me for the past few months: “Ugh. What a waste of a day.”

I’m going to try to update my progress on this blog. Any tips and tricks would be appreciated. But mostly I’d like encouragement… to make this the best day ever!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Neuravinci said...

I've noticed when you focus on doing something, the flatling, as you so cleverly call it, tends to no longer be an issue. You're absolutely right about the whole to-do list: get things done, be active, be *pro*active, and voila! no more flatline!

June 14, 2012 at 12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home